Monday, October 20, 2014

I don't have a soluton...

... but I admire the problem.

Doesn't this happen sometimes? You see a problem, and are totally stumped about a solution. Like, oh, world peace. You think it should be easy. But then there are economic factors to consider. Let's face it, a large part of the economy is war-based. And cultural issues. Are people ready for peace?

That reminds me of Childhood's End, a great story by Arthur Clarke. The way to prepare a culture for a change is to start with the children. Of course, his solution was a bit draconian, but it really was an interesting way to consider alien takeover of earth.

It's a rather depressing book, but it's also thought-provoking. The best kind, I guess.

So yes, I admit there are problems. And some are so big we can't even start to chip away at them. But you know ... start small. There might be a solution there somewhere.

No comments: