Friday, April 1, 2016

Make plans.

God laughs.

Yep, it's been one of those years for me. Here we are, April, and I'm just now catching my breath.

The Major Event went off almost without a hitch at the first of  March. Then I traveled to CA to be with my sister, who was recovering from surgery. While there, my mother-in-law fell ill, so I got home from CA and caught a flight to PA to be with the family after my mother-in-law's passing.

Her death caught us by surprise. She's been ill, off and on, for years, but all of a sudden: decline. I think it was her body's way of saying "enough!" Her death was relatively peaceful, and the funeral and visitation showed how very many people cared about her, which I think was gratifying for the family.

When I got back home I had to get caught up on work, then caught up promotion, then finally -- finally -- I could sit down to write.

So yes, God was laughing, that's for sure. My plans to get two books written this year have gone up in a poof, but that's okay. The only deadline is one in my head and I can adjust. The books will be written, in their own good time.

For now, it's enough to be home and relaxing once again. I just won't be making any plans in the near future for travel, because I suspect they might change....

No comments: