Saturday, October 8, 2022

Age is a high price to pay

 ... for maturity.

There are times when I feel every minute of my 70 years, and this week is one of those times. To start with, I fell down -- hard -- on a hardwood floor and that resulted in bruises and some creaks and groans. I also have a continuing problem with severe leg cramping (no one knows why), and that's come back. I had a month or two of no cramping at night, but it's back with a vengeance.

Whenever I complain like this, I think of those people who have lived with chronic pain of any kind, be it mental or physical, all their lives and it makes me pause. I know my pains are temporary or can be solved with a bit of medication. What would it be like to never have the sense that the pain might go away?

::shudder::

No comments: